Saturday, June 1, 2013

6/1: Food Diary and Star Wars Weekends!

Breakfast:

  • 3 egg cheese omelet 
Lunch: 
  • Turkey and miracle whip on 100 calorie bread (190 calories) 
  • Fiber One brownie (90 calories) 
  • Sun Chips (140 calories) 
  • Brownie from Special K (100 calories) 
Dinner: 
  • Greek yogurt (160 calories)
  • Smart Ones WW Pizza (270 calories) 
Calories consumed: 1244/1840
Calories lost: 621

I spent a good part of my day celebrating Star Wars at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It was a hot day and I'm pretty sure I lost a lot of calories just by walking outside, haha. Disney puts on a special event once a year called Star Wars Weekends. This year the event was scheduled for the middle of May and will be ending next weekend. It's a fun event where guests can meet Star Wars characters and actors who portrayed them in the films. I got there really late this afternoon, so I was unable to meet the characters I was hoping to meet. Despite that drawback as a Star Wars fanatic, I still had a fantastic time meeting the characters I came in contact with.

What I saw on my way into the park. :) 

 Come to the dark side, folks. We have healthy, delicious cookies! haha!

Queen Padme Amidala 

 Don't mind me and my funny posture in the first photo in the collage... haha! What can I say? I just adore my chipmunks!

As I walked around the park, I walked right passed one of the booths for one of the celebrities! It was amazing seeing an actor from the original films during Star Wars Weekends! 

The line for Darth Varder was far too long, but I am determined to meet him next weekend.

 A Stormtrooper signing a Disney autograph book... awh! 

 Mulch, Sweat & Shears = AMAZING!

 Goofy cracks me up whenever he wears his Darth Vader costume, haha. 

 Papa Joe was my coworker on my first CP back in 2010. He's still working in DHS and I see him pretty regularly when I go to play in the parks on my days off. I was homesick a lot on my first program and he was the one who took me under his wing and encouraged me. He is a fantastic guy and absolutely loves what he does, too!

Another magical and healthy day down here, folks! I can't wait to see what progress I will make when I go home soon. For the past two days during my water and theme park adventures I've packed lunches to bring to the parks. Disney food is expensive and I really don't think it's worth eating chicken tenders and fries just to eat when I can pack a healthy lunch and healthy snacks. I can get used to packing lunches for park adventures! 1) I save money and 2) I feel great about passing a cookie shop eating a 90 calorie brownie. :) 


-B 




No comments:

Post a Comment