Sunday, April 28, 2013

I had an off day today...

It has been months since my last migraine and I got one early this morning. On Saturday, I fell asleep thirty minutes or so before midnight and woke up at 5 am on the dot. I was having a major allergy attack and getting my sneezing under control was nearly impossible. I had to get up and walk around for a bit before falling asleep again. I knew being awake for more than five minutes was unwise because of church. On Sundays, I usually wake up around 7:30 or 8:00 so I can have plenty of time to get ready for church and to have breakfast. I set my alarm five different times and I kept hitting snooze on all of them. Why? Why couldn't I find the energy to get of bed? I woke up to use the restroom and to inform my grandmother of my health because I heard her getting ready. I had exactly 30 minutes to get ready and I had no energy to do so. The pain moved from the middle of the head to my temples; which can be very excruciating for when it comes migraines. I took three Advil to dull the pain and went back to bed in hopes the pain would go away for me to go to church with my parents. -sigh- The pain never went away and I slept until noon; I think that threw me off a little for the day.

I always wake up around 8:00 so I can eat breakfast and have enough hours in between to be ready for a smaller lunch. I like eating a lot of protein in the morning because I know I will work out later in the day. I felt absolutely terrible and woke up starving. I knew I had to make something with protein, but I knew what I wanted to make would take time. "Breakfast" consisted of 2 Weight Watcher Thin Mints (100 calories).  I didn't realize it then because I was so hungry, but there were apples and pears on the counter. I could have an apple as a snack while my omelet was cooking. Secondly,  I had my regular two egg omelet with half a slice of American cheese and 1 tbsp of ketchup (15 calories) for a total of 250 calories. Lastly, I made sure to have a big dinner since my calorie intake was so minuscule compared to last week. Dinner consisted of the following: 1 sweet potato (180 calories), 1 pork chop (276 calories), 8 roasted asparagus with spices and a little bit of olive oil (264 calories), and 1/4 of applesauce (45 calories). My dinner was much higher than I usually like, but I figured it was better to eat and not starve. The total of tonight's dinner came to 765 calories.

I knew that I had to eat more vegetables before tomorrow's weigh in, so cooked 1 cup of green beans to snack on during Once Upon a Time. The one cup of green beans came to 44 calories; with 150 calorie Skinny Cow ice cream.

Today was not the best day, but tomorrow is a brand new day.

Schedule for tomorrow morning is below:


  • Wake up
  • Weigh in
  • Have breakfast
  • Run 2 miles 
-B 


2 comments:

  1. No need to be hard on yourself. You didn't resort to junk food and you didn't gorge on the mints. Allow your body to recover when it needs to; there is nothing wrong with that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bekah! You could have easily decided to fill those calories with junk because it's easier than cooking, because you weren't feeling well, because you wanted something comforting, because of any number of reasons why people resort to junk. Look at what you ate! You did really, really well in choosing calories that count! Missing a workout has never killed anyone and has never been the ruin of a healthy-lifestyle-plan (I hate the word diet... it gives the idea that it's temporary but it's the lifestyle that makes the dietary habits work). So you missed a day? Just like you said, it's a new day today.

    ReplyDelete